Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Quick Thoughts About Service

There are two Vodacom stores in Sandton Central.

One is in Nelson Mandela Square and one is in Sandton City.

I know where the Sandton City store is so I phoned them up to see whether they had something in stock. It was a done deal - I wanted the "gadget" and the price was right. The phone just rang. I tried their other number - it too just rang.

I gave up and phoned the Nelson Mandela Square store and the phone was answered quickly. The lady on the other side was helpful, courteous and a pleasure to talk to. She confirmed that they did, in fact, have what I was looking for.

So, I went to that store and bought what I needed for my phone. While I was there , the staff came up to me and offered help. I felt like a king. I spend a bit more time in the store than I had planned and saw something else that I wanted, at the price that I was prepared to pay. I bought it.

I also looked at a cover for my phone. While there, one of the staff came over, opened up the box that I was looking at and showed me why it was such a good deal. (And it would have been, but they didn't have the cover that fitted my phone.)

On the way out, I popped into the other Vodacom shop and was totally ignored. I walked out.

So, well done to the Vodacom shop in Nelson Mandela Square and not so well done to the one in Sandton City.

No comments: