Friday, September 18, 2009

Drowning in a sea of Web 2.0

Web 2.0? I've done it.

Blog, got.
RSS, taken care of.
Social? You bet - Facebook, Twitter, whatever.

But now the question is - what for?

I love my Blog and enjoy posting to it (when I can) and I enjoy commenting on other people's blogs.

I like to track things. I like to interact with people online.

But I think it has come to the time when I work out exactly how to do it properly.

My last step in this project will be to have a site www.elucidate.co.za that has everything done by me - comments, statuses, blog postings, etc. And it will be done in a style of my choosing. And it will be tracked by Twitter.

It will be the canonical Allen Baranov.

I started this page about 14 years ago when the Internet was fresh and web pages were made by Real Men with angle grinders and angle brackets. I have updated it from time to time when new technologies came about that made me excited.

Most recently - RSS feeds, Atom, jQuery, Web App APIs.

But now there are online services that can do this kind of thing for me with very little coding (maybe even none!) and I will find one that serves my needs.

The problem with Web 2.0 is that there is usually 2 or 3 of each service and finding just the right one is not so easy.

My quest is to find the right one.

No comments: